Tips for Kitchen Renovations
If you are currently under lockdown and would like to make the best use of your time at home, why not renovate the kitchen? Working on your home adds to the value, plus it brings with it a new level of comfort that you and your family can enjoy, and with that in mind, here are a few tips when renovating your kitchen.
- Think Composite – While there are the traditional materials, don’t discount composite materials; luxury vinyl flooring and engineered marble countertops are just a couple of examples. Most composite materials are maintenance-free and very durable, giving great value for money and the finishes are stunning, with timber, stone and slate designs.
- Asbestos – If your home was built pre-1980s, there is a chance that asbestos is contained within the materials you are planning to remove, and with affordable asbestos removal in Perth, you can be sure that you and your family will not be exposed to harmful asbestos. This substance was generally combined with other building materials, such as compressed sheeting and insulation board and if it is disturbed, harmful slivers would be released into the atmosphere and if inhaled, could cause serious respiratory disease.
- Quality Appliances – Let’s face it, an oven or grill is going to get some heavy use and when looking at major kitchen appliances, always choose a known brand, one that will stand the test of time. Of course, a top appliance won’t be cheap but it will last for many years, giving you trouble-free use.
- Professional Design – The perfect kitchen layout is one that is both functional and appealing and unless you happen to have a flair for interior design, talk to a kitchen designer, who can handle the entire project from concept to handover. Of course, your input is essential and the end result will be a living space designed with your lifestyle in mind, with your choice of materials.
- Calculate your Budget – Rather than selecting everything and adding up the cost, you should first decide on your budget, the amount you are prepared to invest in the project. When you approach a kitchen renovation company, tell them your budget and see what they come up with.
If you are a DIY enthusiast and are planning on doing the work yourself, you can save a substantial amount and with an asbestos test, you can start work knowing you don’t have to worry about the harmful presence of asbestos.